- The material library properties for soils and rocks are divided in 6 different groups:
- General properties: common for every the materials (number, reference, type,..)
- Structural analysis properties: Static and dynamic properties, material behavior, etc.
- Specific weight properties: specific weight, density, porosity, etc.
- Properties: test parameters, materials laws, etc.
- Grain-size (only for soils): grain-size parameters and Atterberg limits.
- Hoek & Brown properties (only for rocks): Hoek & Brown and dilatancy parameters.
- User-defined material library. It is possible to define/modify any material property from the library and create a user-defined library that is stored inside the program’s library for later use.
It is possible to define correlations among magnitudes of very different origin and meaning (for example, the elasticity module (E) with the standard penetration test (SPT)) which represents a very common practice in Geotechnics.
- User-defined correlations library.
- Definition of Layered Soils
- Automatic generation of layered soils model and properties.
- Allows the definition of soils without having to discretize them as Finite Elements in the model.
- The program allows editing and modifying the terrain data at any time.
- This feature is useful for the ballast module (soil foundation stiffness) and sheet piles calculation.
- Generation of reinforced earth.
- Improvement of soils:
- Birth and Death of elements features for jet grouting, gravel column.
- Plastic Constitutive models: 2D/3D Drucker-Prager and Mohr Coulomb.
- Automatic Load Stepping to select suitable load increments.
- Large strains calculations to perform significant changes in the geometry.
- Safety factors defined as the ratio of the failure load to working load.
- Powerful Post-processor: Deformation, Stresses, forces, reinforcement amounts, etc.
- Report Generator: HTML and Excel connection.
- 2D/3D Dynamic compaction, using the cycling loads.
- ANSYS Parametric Design Software and Design Optimization.
- Terrain surfaces import on LiDAR ASCII_GRID format (GIS), exportable to Ansys Workbench and CFX on IGES format. Filtering of ranges and density of points are controllable (New).