Event Status: FINISHED Watch Video
Date and Time:
Tuesday, April 19, 2016 11:00 am
Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Tuesday, April 19, 2016 4:00 pm
Europe Time (Paris, GMT+01:00)
Duration: 45 minutes
Some important engineering phenomena can only be assessed on the basis of a nonlinear analysis such as structure collapse or buckling due to sudden overloads or progressive damage behavior due to long lasting severe loads. For certain structures (e.g. cables), nonlinear phenomena need to be included in the analysis even for service load calculations.
The need for nonlinear analysis has increased in recent years due to the need for addressing safety, collapse prevention, optimizing structures or analyzing related issues of structures more rigorously.
Moreover, most structures, especially those that involve construction, will have residual stresses and strains caused by the construction sequence. In addition, some construction materials such as concrete have a strong time dependent behavior. Therefore, path dependent sequential construction FEA with time-dependent material models is a must.
In this webinar, the unique non-linear analysis capabilities of CivilFEM2017 are discussed, and different case studies are presented to demonstrate the benefits of good nonlinear analysis.
Join this webinar to learn about:
- Nonlinear material models in CivilFEM
- Geometric nonlinearity in CivilFEM
- Boundary condition nonlinearity in CivilFEM (se podría poner también “load and BC” si metemos fuerzas seguidoras- las presiones lo son)
- Advance contact modelling in CivilFEM
- Construction sequence and time-dependent material models in CivilFEM
- Good accuracy of CivilFEM simulations
Who Should Attend?
- Civil and Structural engineers
- Geotechnical engineers
- Bridge engineers
- FEA specialist