Advanced Concrete Structural Design with FEA Webinar
Event Status: Watch Video
Date and Time:Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 11:00 am, CEST (Paris, GMT+01:00) Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 11:00 am, EDT (New York, GMT-04:00)
Duration: 45 minutes
In this webinar, we will explore the diverse tools and capabilities offered by FEM for concrete structure design, using a variety of examples. We will thoroughly review and provide tips on the powerful FEM analysis, covering the following topics:
- Beam and shell models, code combinations, and design
- Non-linear analysis: crucial for D-regions design, safety factors, ductility behavior, and research projects.
- Thermal-structural coupled analysis: early age concrete, fire design and solar radiation.
These capabilities will be explained using practical examples, including:
- Arc bridge: construction process and code-based design.
- NLG tank: prestressed concrete and code checking.
- Beam-column connection: non-linear analysis and ductility-brittle failure.
- Reinforced concrete corbel: strut and tie vs non-linear analysis.
- Pavement: effects of shrinkage on cracking and behavior improvement with FRC.
- Precast bridge beam: creep due to tendons.
- Turbine foundation: temperature effects due to early age concrete, maturing, and thermal cracking development.
- Fire analysis of a concrete beam.
About CivilFEM powered by Marc
CivilFEM is high end general purpose finite element software for civil/structural engineering and geotechnical applications. It offers advanced nonlinear analysis capabilities, covering all simulations needs and ensuring accurate modeling of complex scenarios. With tools and compliance verfications according to International Codes (for reinforced and presstesed concrete and steel structures) such as Eurocodes and ACIs, it enables engineers to optimize designs and perform comprehensive analyses.
Additionally, it supports multi-physics analysis, including thermal or seepage-structural coupled simulations. In summary, CivilFEM empowers engineers to perform advanced analyses and meet the diverse needs of all types of civil engineering and geotechnical projects and improve their designs ensuring safety and optimized structures.
Who Should Attend?
- Civil and Structural engineers.
- Bridge engineers.
- FEA specialist.