Composite Finite Element Analysis and Design with CivilFEM
Event Status: Watch Video
Date and Time:
Wednesday, April 12, 2023 11:00 am, CEST (Paris, GMT+01:00)
Wednesday, April 12, 2023 11:00 am, EDT (New York, GMT-04:00)
Duration: 45 minutes
This Webinar is focused on Composite and Laminate Finite Element Non-linear Analysis and Design and includes five examples of applications, including tips and comparison with published data or test results:
- Sandwich Panel: modular building material consisting of two layers that form the outer structure ensuring form, weather resistance and rigidity and a core that provides thermal and acoustic insulation properties, particularly useful in roofs and facades.
- Pressure vessels: ply angle optimization of a water tank.
- Repair and strengthening of structures and pipelines: nonlinear analyses of a concrete beam strengthening.
- Concrete slabs and walls: non-linear simulations with multilayer composite shell with reinforcement groups defined through directional shell layers.
- Bridges: due to high resistance, durability and lightweight, composites and laminates gain importance in this field. The example will show the advantages of a light FRP deck over a steel structure of a mobile bridge.
About CivilFEM powered by Marc
CivilFEM powered by Marc has been created from one of the most powerful mechanical software in the world, Marc from Hexagon, resulting in a high-end general-purpose finite element software for civil, structural and geotechnical engineering, suitable for all the types of advanced analyses performed in all construction and civil/structural sectors.
Its unique features combine Checking and Design of civil structures under the most important Codes and Standards with all nonlinearities with high accuracy and low computational cost reducing time of processing and converging problems in complex models
Who Should Attend?
- Civil and Structural engineers.
- Bridge engineers.
- FEA specialist.