Event Status: Finished Watch Video
Date and Time:
Wednesday, Nov 8, 2017 05:30 pm
Europe Time (Paris, CEST)
Thermal-structural coupled analysis involves calculating the temperature distribution (steady-state or transient) within a structure, which is due to thermal boundary conditions (conduction and convection) and to determine the thermal effects on it, such as:
- Material properties modification (young´s modulus, yield strength, etc.).
- Induced thermal stresses and the combined effect with other structural loads on the structure behavior and design: increase of needed reinforcement in concrete, instabilities or buckling on steel structures, higher stresses and deformations, etc.
CivilFEM 2017 allows to perform detailed advanced heat transfer analysis and thermal-structural couple analysis. Some of the main features are:
- Material thermal properties definition (thermal conductivity and specific heat) with linear and non-linear behavior (temperature dependent properties)
- Thermal Orthotropic material properties
- Convective and conductive boundary conditions on any type of elements.
- Non-linear steady-state or transient analysis
- Postprocessing results for heat transfer analysis (temperature, thermal flux and thermal gradients with vector plots)
- Steady-state/static or transient thermal-structural couple analysis.
The aim of these online webinar is to present CivilFEM 2017 advanced thermal-structural coupled analysis and some of the civil engineering applications and to provide a general overview on the modelling, analysis and design capabilities.
Join this webinar to learn about
- Thermal-structural couple analysis.
Who Should Attend?
- Civil and Structural engineers.
- Bridge engineers.
- Forensic Engineers
- FEA specialist.
- FEA students.